Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday Surprise!

So, today as I was getting some more packing done to go home on Sunday, I remember that one of my friends is going to have a birthday while I'm gone! I wasn't quite sure if I could get something done before I leave but man I was going to try! Maha has been so sweet to me, I couldn't let her birthday pass with out a present!


I ran to Hobby Lobby and picked up the blue paisley and the green checked fabric. Then after searching for wooden handles, the clerk notified me that they no longer carry wooden handles...sigh...I did however pick up this book by Clare Youngs, which gave me an idea...

Off to the Salvation Army Store...searching through bags and bags trying to find a purse with wooden handles! No luck...BUT....they did have one with BAMBOO handles...this will work...I think....

Back home and took some quick pics of the raw materials...





A few snips and off came the handles! Then I sew up my bag, then I rip parts of it out...

Finally...Ta-Da!!!! My second ever bag. I think it looks pretty good. Just don't look at the seams...

I should have made one for me too!

Happy Crafting,
Sydney

1 comment:

  1. Your friend is going to love it! And I love the fact that you used your noggin' and were resourceful in finding something at the thrift store. It's so fun when something comes together that way!

    ReplyDelete