Monday, July 12, 2010

What Spare Time??

So (I start alot of posts out like this, don't I??) I went home to help my little sis with some dorm decor for the upcoming semester. Here's some of what we came up with:


A flower pillow inspired by Cluck Cluck Sew. Not quite as good as the one they made, but pretty cute in my personal, non biased, opinion. This one will be for her bedroom


Oh my gosh these next two were a pain (and the reason I didn't get more done while I was home): Ruffle ribbon, inspired by my little ole somewhat imaginative brain.

The ruffles were a teeny bit off at the top. But I wasn't gonna rip it out to fix it. I might later if it bugs a certain some one too much.


This one is inspired by a book called Sewing in No Time. Its an awesome pillow. But I didn't think it through quite enough the first time. Yes, I did say first time.
This is the second attempt. I was so proud of myself finding some premade brown pillow case/slip covers on sale at Hobby Lobby. I had Wesley pin on all the cute little ribbons and then I went to sew them on. Hum. The zipper doesn't open all the way to the top. And even if it did, the ends of the ribbon would stick out. Hum. How then did the book say to do it?? Make your own case and sew them in as you go. Whoops. At least I had brown fabric! Pink and brown are for the living room:


The pink paisley one was by far the quickest to construct. It took all of 30 minutes from cut to finish.


They are all closed with the overlapping flap method (or so I have deemed it) which works really well, is super fast, and requires absolutely no hardware *smile*

More crafty goodness to come when my lovely little sister sends me pictures of the other stuff.

Happy Monday :)
Sydney

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! I especially love the flower pillow. I have that tutorial bookmarked, but when to find the time to make one! And I am a strong supporter of the overlapping flap method. In fact, it's the ONLY way I've made pillows so far. Zippers make me scared. And buttonholes? Don't get me started...

    ReplyDelete